Fleet management often tends to be a time-consuming, tedious, and costly activity no matter how big or small your fleet is. Let’s face it. It is not easy at all to constantly track and manage tasks like operations costs, maintenance schedules, driver behaviors, and registration.
If you’re operating a lot of vehicles (more than 25, for example), you will have a tough time keeping things under control all the time. Even if you’re running a small fleet with just five trucks, it can be a hassle to manage and record data for all vehicles and drivers on a constant basis.
Furthermore, it could be risky to let your workers control valuable assets such as costly equipment and vehicles. Relieve stress by employing a fleet management software that will manage all the important tasks for you. But how to find the right fleet management solution?
Don’t worry, Zonar will find the right solution for you. This EVIR Fleet Management Software leverages both telematics and mobile platform to help businesses perform different tasks. From managing drivers and keeping track of trucks to controlling operating costs and reducing fuel consumption, Zonar can cover it all.
In this review, you can learn how Zonar can help you increase efficiency and improve your business operations. Let’s dig deeper into the topic and reveal the details.
Table of Contents
- 1 Who Is Zonar?
- 2 Overview: Smart Fleet Management
- 3 How Does It Work?
- 4 Best Suited For
- 5 Top Features
- 6 What Sets Zonar Apart
- 7 Benefits of Using Zonar
- 8 HoS and ELD Regulations
- 9 Pricing & Packages
- 10 Pros:
- 11 Cons:
- 12 Wrapping Up
Who Is Zonar?
If you have never used Zonar products earlier, you’d probably want to know something about this company before making a purchase. Who is Zonar?
Zonar was founded in 2001 with a simple idea: to change the way post- and pre-trip inspections are done by implementing electronic verified inspection reporting. Their goal is to reduce the number of vehicle breakdowns and improve safety for drivers on the road.
The company has been growing in scope and size as its customer base grows. Today, Zonar is one of the leading providers of smart complete fleet management solutions. They consistently develop innovative technologies that help their consumers work more efficiently.
Zonar provides a wide range of ground-breaking solutions and products. Take a look at the table below.
|TELEMATICS PLATFORM||MOBILE PLATFORM||RIDERSHIP|
|Ground Traffic Control||Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2||Z Pass Ridership Visibility|
|Fleet Diagnostics||Connect Tablet||Zonar Verify Rider Verification|
|V4 Telematics Control Unit||Zonar OTAir||Child Check Safety Alert System|
|V4R Ruggedized Telematics Device||EVIR Verified Inspections||SafeStop School Bus Tracking App|
|ZFuel Fuel Efficiency Tracking||Zonar Coach In-Cab Video Coaching||Z Pass+ Ridership Alerts|
|ZTrak Asset Tracking||Fieldview Mobile Fleet Tracking App|
|Zonar Logs Hours of Service|
|OperatorlD Driver Verification|
Overview: Smart Fleet Management
As you can see, Zinar offers a plethora of web-based and mobile solutions. Here, we will put special emphasis on software and hardware used for fleet management. From capabilities to features to benefits, you’ll find lots of helpful information.
Similar to other Zonar solutions, Smart Fleet Management Solutions are meant to decrease downtime and reduce fuel costs while enhancing safety and improving compliance. They are widely used across commercial trucking companies and organizations.
Zonar fleet management will make your fleet more productive and successful after a while. It can help you:
- Monitor your fleet anywhere and anytime
- Know the locations of your fleet vehicles and actions
- Receive alerts and run time-stamped reports
- Manage the entire fleet or individual asset
How Does It Work?
The Zonar use exception-based reports and analytic algorithms to ‘distill’ fleet-related data. As a result, you get well-organized dashboards and a wide variety of actionable reports. These reports can be received and send from web-enabled devices.
The solution enables users to monitor vehicles actively using GPS tracking. Thus, they can quickly pinpoint the exact location of their trucks at any given point in time. This allows drivers to focus on the road ahead.
Zonar has a full suite of cost-saving and innovative solutions as well as mobile devices (like Zonar V4T, Zonar Connect device, and so on) that collect, analyze, and organize fleet data. United in a robust EVIR system, they are all aimed at improving fleet maintenance.
Best Suited For
Whether you’re a fleet manager, business owner, garage manager, or dispatcher, you will get a lot of use out of this solution. It will give you valuable insights into the activities of your vehicles and drivers from anywhere.
Zonar products are suited for small, large, and medium-sized companies across different industries, including pupil transportation, commercial trucking, transit fleets, and vocational fleets.
They can be customized to suit different needs. Smart Fleet Management Solutions are suitable for both private and commercial fleets.
The numbers speak for themselves. According to the company, there are more than 450,000 Zonar installations so far.
Ground Traffic Control & Preemptive Alerts
Ground Traffic Control FieldView offers critical insights into fleet operations so that assets can be managed remotely via Zonar app. This telematics system uses customizable and flexible reporting filters to reveal the most important metrics. Real-time visibility of operations allows fleet managers to act quickly when needed.
Ground Traffic Control features preemptive alerts, among other things. The goal is to alert truckers of possible violations and help them avoid traffic offenses. Drivers receive alerts (audible or text alerts) when approaching HoS limits.
Electronic Verified Inspection Report (EVIR) is one of the most powerful Zonar’s features. In point of fact, it’s an electronic DVIR that utilizes scannable RFID tags. Those tags are positioned at various inspection locations on the vehicle itself and trailer as well.
This reporting system engages a variety of analytic algorithms to process the fleet data. What you get as an end product are customizable dashboards and actionable reports.
Zonar automatically creates exception-based reports that can enhance asset utilization, driver performance, communication, safety, and compliance.
User-friendly reporting and dashboards make it easy to find data for well-informed decisions. Dashboards can be customized for every user, be it a dispatcher, fleet manager, technician, or operations executive. This allows for easy and quick access.
The users should set their favorites for automatic schedule reports. Regular subscriptions need to be created for all users to make sure they all have the data required.
Veolia Environmental Services have been proven to improve vehicle uptime thanks to enhanced work schedules and remote diagnostics.
Security and Ease of Use
Zonar solutions are designed with security and simplicity in mind. User logs facilitate customized permissions, allowing employees to easily find the info relevant to their specific role. Such a web-based application is extremely secure.
Data can be accessed from multiple worksites. All you need to have is an Internet-enabled device. Metrics are tracked automatically, which eliminates paper logs and saves time.
What Sets Zonar Apart
What sets Zonar apart from other fleet management solutions is powerful reporting. In addition to real-time into project and fleet operations, you will also receive comprehensive and thorough reports in real-time.
A great deal of fleet data and figures are refined and sorted into actionable reports. Not many fleet management solutions on the market provide such detailed and accurate reporting. Zonar is hard to beat in that aspect.
Benefits of Using Zonar
There are a lot of benefits and good things associated with Zonar’s fleet management solution. Here are some of the most remarkable benefits:
- Increased Safety – Zonar tracking devices can make your drivers safer behind the wheel. With advanced tracking, fault monitoring, and dynamic route management, Zonar’s solutions promote accident prevention. Addressing and diagnosing performance problems early can prevent dangerous breakdowns. Zonar is here to take care of fleet health.
- Improved Driver Behavior – Zonar focuses on rewarding safe driving practices. With robust reporting and visual driver feedback, it aids fleets in improving driving performance besides minimizing the risk of accidents. They can set various warning thresholds for hard-braking, speeding, and idling.
- Maximized Fuel Efficiency – Safe driving habits result in fuel savings. That said, Zonar helps businesses lower overall fuel use by capturing extensive GPS fleet tracking and vehicle performance data. This telematics platform is dedicated to cutting down fuel costs. It can identify the least and most fuel-efficient driving behaviors.
- Improved Route Management – You will not have to call your drivers whenever an update occurs, as they can effortlessly determine the locations and optimize fleet routes with the help of Zonar. In addition to better fleet visibility, this reduces distractions and improves productivity too. Improved routing brings about labor savings in the end.
- Increased Fleet Uptime – Overheating engines, dead truck batteries, and blown tires can burn a hole in your budget. Additionally, these things have a negative impact on customer service and driver satisfaction. Zonar ensures on-time order shipments and deliveries by providing fleet managers with real-time defect information. So they can make prompt maintenance decisions and keep vehicles on the road.
- Reduced Paperwork – Paperwork tends to stifle truck fleets. Zonar can notably reduce paperwork using automated IFTA calculation. It can also lessen the margin of error and data entry mistakes on HoS logs, trip inspections, and fuel tax reports. Use it to save time and money.
HoS and ELD Regulations
Does regulatory compliance matter to you? Don’t worry. Zonar solutions will give you peace of mind knowing that your business is compliant with HoS regulations besides enabling you to leverage numerous management capabilities.
As an FMCSA verified solution, Zonar Logs is designed to ensure ELD compliance by recording Hours of Service and driving time. This E-log solution combines the Zonar Connect tablet with telematics hardware to help manage fleet and comply with FMCSA regulations.
The Zonar ELD can also do a good job of eliminating the risk of violations. It has undergone FMCSA testing. It is not only self-certified by FMCSA but also third-party verified. So, you can be confident that regulatory compliance is accomplished.
You will know that your fleet meets the current ELD mandate regulations all the time. Best of all, you can rest assured that it will meet compliance regulations down the road because it can be updated in accordance with the latest regulation changes.
Pricing & Packages
Pricing is offered by a quote, so you will have to contact them for pricing information. Zonar offers a few packages, for freight, public transportation, pupil transportation, and vocational fleets. We will focus on Freight and Vocational Fleets.
The price will depend largely on the size and intention of your fleet. That’s why you should consider what your fleet is mainly used for and how many vehicles your fleet contains before selecting a plan. You need to go through these five steps:
- Choose Zonar Mobile Ecosystem plan (choose between Connect, Certified, and Open)
- Pick out your package – It can include Two-Way Messaging, Zonar Forms, Ground Traffic Control Diagnostics, Ground Traffic Control, Hours of Service (HoS), Electronic Verified Inspection Reporting (EVIR), etc.
- Select an add-on solution: Communication, Driver Tools, and Maintenance
- Pick premium add-on solutions (Advanced Navigation, Pre-approved applications, Zonar Coach Base, Cummins Connected Advisor, and more)
- Choose from different Zonar hardware options – Traditional, Bundled, and Monthly
- Ground traffic control
- EVIR vehicle inspection
- User-friendly interface
- Powerful reporting
- Sleek design
- Customized dashboards
- Log editing is awkward
- Driver workflow is not clear
- On the expensive side
Driver safety, fuel efficiency, and new regulations – Zonar can have you covered through all of this with its solutions. The company has poured its business, personal, and professional investment into those solutions to ensure success. They’re widely utilized across different trucking firms and organizations.
There is a wide range of Zonar telematics and mobile solutions to choose from, including fleet management for private and commercial fleets. Its telematics platform includes tools that are meant to improve safety and fuel efficiency. They help vehicle fleets deliver loads safely and on time.
Furthermore, the Zonar fleet management solution can increased uptime while reducing the risk of costly violations at the same time. It is an efficient way to cut fuel costs, minimize downtime, and increase safety. Yes, there are a lot of good reasons to give it a go.