Last updated on January 8th, 2021 at 05:24 pm
Are you looking for a fleet management solution? Once you know which features you really need, you will more likely choose the right solution for your fleet. For instance, GPS tracking is an integral feature you will find in almost every fleet management system today. It enables the fleet manager to keep track of vehicles in real-time.
However, fleet management goes beyond fleet tracking. It also includes many other functionalities like delivery scheduling, dispatching, route optimization, rates and quotes management, electronic logging, etc. You may think the more, the better. Well, not really.
Not only will you not need some features, but the extra features and functions will add to the cost of your fleet management. This is especially true if your fleet is composed of a lot of trucks, considering that the monthly cost is usually per vehicle. So, be sure to consider the size of your fleet, your business needs, and your budget when finding a solution for fleet management.
If you are looking for an easy-to-use, cost-effective fleet management solution that has everything you could ever need to run a fleet, TrackOn Fleet Management is ideal for you. In addition to ELD and IFTA reporting, it also includes features that help track routes, view truck locations with GPS, interact with drivers, monitor the available amount of fuel, and much more.
Read on this review to learn what else this fleet management solution has to offers. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- 1 A Few Words About Trackon – the Company
- 2 What Is Trackon all About?
- 3 How Does Trackon Fleet management Work?
- 4 Who Can Use this Fleet Management Solution?
- 5 Top Features of Trackon ELD for your Fleet
- 6 What Makes TrackOn Competitive
- 7 Benefits of Using TrackOn Fleet Management
- 8 Pricing
- 9 Pros:
- 10 Cons:
- 11 The Bottom Line
A Few Words About Trackon – the Company
TrackOn is a global provider of fleet management and tracking solutions. They are generally created and offered as ‘Software as a Service.’ Their products are meant to increase productivity by helping companies comply with rules and manage assets.
They utilize IFTA and GPS reporting to ensure compliance with HoS regulations. There are 3 TrackOn tracking devices available: Trackon Mobile, Trackon Expert, and Trackon Mini. They all provide insights into speed, fuel usage, mileage, mobile workforce, and vehicle location.
Aside from tracking devices, the company is also known for fleet management solutions. That’s what we’re are going to talk about in this review. We will see how these cloud-based solutions work, what they involve, which features are offered, and everything else you would ever want to know about TrackOn to get the best out of your fleets.
What Is Trackon all About?
As the name suggests, TrackOn is all about tracking. The main purpose of this platform is to allow fleet managers or owners to track their vehicles and other assets. However, it goes beyond just tracking and logging.
The system also allows for fleet security, real-time monitoring, trailer recognition, projects time monitoring, and compliance management for truckers. It comprises a large number of reports like work time reports, CAN reports, IFTA reports, odometer reports, and so on.
How Does Trackon Fleet management Work?
Basically, there are 4 steps to go through:
- Step 1 – Fill out the form
- Step 2 – Get access
- Step 3 – Track your fleet
- Step 4 – Generate reports
TrackOn is designed as a SaaS software with the goal of increasing the productive fleet capacity. It works through the cloud-based platform that helps fleet managers stay in control and monitor vehicles from anywhere.
That said, they can use this platform to communicate with the drivers, view trucks on a map, check the gas level in a tank, monitor cargo temperature, and track multiple routes at a time. Based on the information collected, the software creates a wide variety of reports, thereby making the management of your fleet much easier.
Who Can Use this Fleet Management Solution?
The solution is intended to simplify management-related operations of local fleets. It is geared towards fleet managers and owner-operators, allowing them to have a thorough understanding of vehicle locations, miles traveled, average speed, fuel consumption, and other fleet activities.
Top Features of Trackon ELD for your Fleet
TrackOn fleet management comes with a wide range of reporting and other features. As a potential user, you should have a clear idea of which features work for you, i.e., for your business, before making a choice.
TrackOn offers Free Demo, so you can try these features for yourself and determine the most useful features. This is a good opportunity to see this software in action. The most significant reporting features include:
- IFTA Mileage
- Route Report
- Temperature Report
- CAN Report
- Mileage by State Report
- Stops Report
- Territory Visits Report
- Work Times Report
- Odometer Report
Let’s take a closer look at some of these features.
Trackon has several IFTA reporting tools in its arsenal, among other things. This function assists users in meeting tax filing and record-keeping requirements.
The system is meant to automatically collect and feed mileage data into the IFTA. It will save you the hassle of sifting through tons of papers each quarter and reduce your chances of reconciling reports from time to time.
Aside from staying in compliance and reducing paperwork, TrackOn will also help you manage trip records and fuel receipts. The mileage and route data are recorded accurately.
Vehicle Tracking Solution
TrackOn’s fleet tracking function is proven to improve fleet efficiency. The system keeps track of vehicles, trailers, wagons, containers, equipment, and other assets in near real-time. The data collected are used for the creation of user-friendly and precise reports.
Truck traffic is clearly presented on a map. The seamless map layer is created based on the full suite of individual input files.
In addition to accurate fleet tracking capabilities, this fleet management solution also involves geofence site and historical fleet activities. Furthermore, it utilizes GPS functionality to notify managers about the presence or absence of cargo in fleet vehicles.
Compliance with HoS (Hours of Service) requirements is another capability of the TrackOn solution. It provides relevant and up-to-date reports of HoS-related violations to prevent traffic tickets or penalty points.
As a TrackOn user, you will regularly receive HoS reports that come in handy when managing or solving compliance issues. Enhanced traffic violation visibility helps improve driver safety besides reducing the risk of penalties. This enables owner-operators and fleet managers to manage risks proactively.
Route Reporting Solution
TrackOn provides helpful insights into driving, allowing you to make smarter decisions in transport. You can monitor driving data and your trips as well. You’ll have the ability to review complete maps of any specific trips.
The system leverages advancements in data analytics, edge processing, and computer vision to generate accurate, real-time route reports. These reports can help you optimize routes and get the most out of your trips.
What Makes TrackOn Competitive
There are a lot of fleet management solutions and systems on the market these days. With thousands of telematics providers and solutions to choose from, it is difficult to challenge stand out from the crowd. Here’s what sets TrackOn apart from the rest:
- Powerful reporting: TrackOn has versatile reporting features such as fuel consumption reports, IFTA calculator, odometer reports, and many more.
- 3G/4G Compatibility: TrackOn provides superior network dependability and accuracy by using 3G and 4G networks. Rest assured that real-time data are highly accurate.
- Infosec (Information security): Considering that it’s a cloud-based system, users can gain access to data at any point in time from devices that have an Internet connection. Information security is guaranteed. TrackOn uses advanced security tools and features to keep personal information secure on the Internet.
- Affordability: Starting at $17.99 per month, TrackOn offers one of the cheapest fleet tracking and management solutions on the market. That makes it very popular with companies and organizations that run a fleet.
Benefits of Using TrackOn Fleet Management
- STOP UNSANCTIONED TRIPS: As a fleet owner, you need to make sure your vehicles are not misused. TrackOn will prevent your drivers from using vehicles for a weekend getaway or side job. Thus, it prevents the abuse of fleet vehicles and fuel losses.
- MAKE CUSTOMER SERVICE EASY: TrackOn can improve customer service by virtue of a GPS tracking system. By responding to customers’ queries more promptly and accurately, you will not only improve customer satisfaction and dispatching but also save precious time. TrackOn can also ensure that all the jobs are completed on time.
- INCREASE SAFETY: Remember that your employees are the most valuable business assets besides your vehicles. Use the Trackon fleet management solution to find out where your vehicles are and how your operators are performing. You want to be sure your fleet is completely safe all the while.
- DECREASE OPERATING EXPENSES: By keeping fleet expenses in check using the TrackOn GPS tracking system, you’ll make sure the entire fleet operates efficiently. Eventually, you will reduce operating costs and drastically increase productivity.
- LOWER LABOR COSTS: You will have to put a lot of time and effort into unraveling payroll issues and validating timesheet entries. Trackon will help you identify and eliminate high overtime expenses and timesheet fraud. At the same time, you will dramatically reduce paperwork.
- CUT DOWN FUEL COSTS: Fleet tracking goes a long way towards increasing fuel efficiency. With TrackOn, you will have a good understanding of where fuel slips through the cracks. It will help you cut fuel costs.
- INCREASE EFFICIENCY & PRODUCTIVITY: As a business owner or fleet manager, you can’t dedicate all your time to get everything done. Instead, hire TrackOn to complete the jobs for you and make your life a whole lot easier. This fleet tracking system will make your fleet more productive over time.
As you may assume, pricing is offered by quote. You know many fleet management solutions don’t have a transparent pricing structure, and so does TrackOn. Based on the information and details you provide, they will give you a no-obligation quote.
When requesting a quote, you will have to indicate what type of unit you need and how many units you need besides other details like your phone, email, and company name. This will determine the price. The more units, the higher the price.
When it comes to the type of unit, there are 4 options to pick from:
- LEVEL ONE (trailer tracking solution): With the Level One, you get a robust tracking device that can monitor and track building equipment, caravans, railway wagons, trailers, and containers. It can protect the equipment against theft and the elements. You can easily unlock and move the device to another container or wagon. As for the features, there’s everything from acceleration, vibration, humidity, temperature, and air pressure to the exact position and tilting.
- EXPERT (most advanced solution): If you go for the Expert module, you will get a multifunctional tracking device that comes with various interfaces to support different connecting accessories. The key features include digital tachograph connectivity, iButton, CAN, Garmin navigation, FMS, as well as fuel and temperature sensor. It operates in Beidou-satellite, GPS, SBAS, and GLONASS networks.
- MINI (big features, small package): Designed as a small yet functional tracking device, the Mini supports iButton connectivity, FMS, CAN, temperature sensor, and analog fuel sensor. Moreover, it records the locations of different switches at a time. The device is equipped with an accelerometer, and it operates in different networks for the best results.
- MOBILE (simple, accurate, and effective): This tracking platform can be used to track mobile devices (both Android and iOS). All you need to do is install the Positrack application. This nifty app can turn your smartphone into a powerful GPS tracker. It is suitable for less demanding tracking jobs.
- Cost-effective solution
- Real-time reporting
- Easy to use
- 3G and 4G compatible
- Drivers training available
- Excellent network accuracy
- Customer support needs some improvement
- Problems with app functionality
The Bottom Line
TrackOn comes with numerous tools and automated driver training. Everything from document management to vehicle inspections, to accident investigations and electronic logging, is automated to reduce labor costs and increase efficiency.
What makes this solution popular with fleet owners is powerful reporting, information security, and affordable price. There are a few options to choose from, so you will surely find something that fits your budget and your needs too.
It comes with everything fleet managers could ever need, including IFTA Mileage, CAN Report, Route Report, Odometer Report, Stops Report, Territory Visits Report, and Work Times Report. With all these reporting features, TrackOn ensures cost-effectiveness, ease of use, and an increase in performance.