Last updated on July 6th, 2020 at 12:40 pm
There are a wide variety of fleet management solutions today. While each of those solutions comes with a unique set of features, they all share a common trait: keeping the fleet operations run smoothly.
Basically, these systems allow companies to manage and organize their vehicles in a better way. But this is not everything fleet management solutions provide.
They can also record information on various aspects like speed, fuel consumption, idle time, driving routes, and much more. From trucks to cars, to vans, to forklifts, to backhoes and golf carts, fleet management software can coordinate different types of vehicles.
Moreover, management systems use different features and tools to make it easier for dispatchers and managers to access operation-related data for every single vehicle. Fleet companies also use these solutions to take quick action when a problem arises and avoid traffic tickets.
With reliable fleet management software, you are less likely to break driving laws. Aside from lessening the possibility of getting traffic violations, it will also ensure that you meet ELD requirements and stay on the right side of the law.
Pedigree Technologies has designed OneView, a management solution that makes fleet owner’s life a whole lot easier. You might be wondering how? Well, read on to find out!
Table of Contents
- 1 A Few Words About the Company
- 2 Pedigree Technologies Solutions
- 3 Pedigree Technologies Fleet Management
- 4 Potential Drawbacks & Expected Improvements
- 5 Final Thoughts
A Few Words About the Company
With the head office in Fargo, North Dakota, and hundreds of thousands of customers across the nation, Pedigree Technologies is one of the biggest American providers of telematics software solutions.
Their solutions, services, and products are geared towards companies that monitor and track high-value assets on a constant basis. This award-winning company has a large client base that continues to grow.
From Construction and Equipment Rental to Oil & Gas and Transportation, Pedigree Technologies‘ solutions are widely used across different industries. Their customers are not only small businesses and medium-sized enterprises but also large nationally known companies throughout the country.
Pedigree Technologies Solutions
Pedigree Technologies has a complete suite of solutions, including Asset Tracking, CameraView, Digital Library, Dispatching, Electronic Work Orders, Equipment Management, Fleet Management, Maintenance, Mobile Tank Monitoring, Tank-Level Monitoring, and Water Management.
All of their solutions work via the OneView platform, which offers a valuable insight into fleet operations and simplifies collaboration with mobile workers. Based on the data collected and displayed on this web-based platform, users can make informed business decisions.
Here, we are going to focus on fleet management. It is aimed at managing equipment, vehicles, and drivers from just about anywhere. We will also mention other solutions and systems linked to fleet management. Let’s dive in and learn more!
Pedigree Technologies Fleet Management
How Does It Work?
As we have already mentioned earlier, everything works through OneView – the Pedigree Technologies’ platform. It provides everything needed for an efficient, safe, and compliant operation.
This all-inclusive platform offers a better way of monitoring and managing fleet operations, ensuring that everything runs smoothly all the while. It works in sync with ELD Chrome.
Here are some things to pay particular attention to:
- Once the truck is turned on, the Pedigree Technologies unit (be it the Cab-Mate OPEN, Cab-Mate ONE, or Cab-Mate CONNECT) will start to record and send data automatically. So, there is nothing to do in the vehicles in order to trigger and begin tracking.
- Readings take place each minute in normal circumstances. They are event-based too. Reading will be triggered by harsh braking, for example.
- The reports can be sent automatically; they are created based on recorded data. All you need to do is set up automatic reports.
- Data are recorded all the time, even when you’re in a place with poor coverage. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any relevant information. Once coverage gets better, data will be transmitted right away.
- The tracking unit is transferable when selling a vehicle.
This electronic logging solution comprises multiple devices and data collection tools. The data are gathered using electronic logging or other in-cab devices like:
- Cab-Mate One
- Cab-Mate Connect, and
- Cab-Mate Open
All of these devices allow companies to become FMCSA compliant and meet ELD regulations. They go beyond providing regulatory compliance with dispatching, asset tracking, electronic work orders, and fleet management – all on a single platform.
OneView is the Pedigree Technologies platform that is expandable and customizable as well. With a number of expandable solutions for Performance, People, and Safety, this open platform is developed for growth. It allows for easy integrations with OneView APIs.
In addition to real-time communication with drivers and carriers, OneView also makes it easy to track and diagnose valuable assets. This way, it can help managers keep the overall fleet healthy and in perfect working condition.
Apart from that, the platform ensures that you have the right info at the right time. So you will be able to make faster and better decisions while managing your entire operation. Read on to discover OneView’s capabilities.
- Asset Tracking: Track your vehicles and other valuable assets at all times. This will make the difference between knowing and guessing. Whether you need to keep track of physical assets or equipment, OneView will be of great help to you.
- Dispatching: Instant, safe communication is paired with real-time routing for best results. It can help fleets get the most out of dispatching.
- Fleet Tracking: This is actually the major and the most important feature of the OneView platform. The leet vehicles and drivers are tracked, monitored, and managed effectively.
- Work Orders: In addition to work orders, fleet managers can also have navigation and routing details at their fingertips. OneView platform lets them have all the information they could ever need.
- Electronic Logs: ELDs make compliance easy by improving accuracy and streamlining reports. That’s why OneView makes use of electronic logging. It relays on ELD Chrome to meet FMCSA regulations.
- Maintenance management: By providing complete insights into equipment use, OneView reduces maintenance costs. Move to a professional maintenance approach through more high-grade scheduling and work planning to improve profits.
- Equipment Management: OneView platform will give you a clear picture of the actual usage of your mobile equipment by tracking engine hours constantly. You will also know the exact location of your equipment at any point in time.
- Tank-Level Monitoring: The platform gives you the ability to monitor tank levels remotely. Furthermore, you will be able to manage inventory requirements and schedule deliveries.
- Mobile Tank Monitoring: Likewise, you can remotely manage, track, and monitor fluid levels. This is even possible when the vehicles are in transit.
The Pedigree Technologies Fleet Management solution has lots of functionalities that make it go beyond HoS (Hours of Service). This management system incorporates all typical functions like safety alerts, engine diagnostics, as well as IFTA and DVIR monitoring.
OneView supports many optional features and internal sensors besides the basics features. From tanker volume to reefer temperature and tire pressure, these extras enable users to track anything and everything you could ever need. However, keep in mind that extra features add to the cost.
Pedigree Technologies features an interface that contains a broad range of dashboards, alerts, and configurable reports. While some users find the interface not intuitive, it can still help owner-operators and managers keep up with all the activities of their fleets.
There’s plenty to like, though. Pedigree Technologies features excellent reporting and interactive training. This can come in handy when creating analytics.
Listed below are the key features of Pedigree Technologies:
- Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR)
- Fuel Tax Reporting (IFTA)
- Robust Management Tools
- Real-Time Dashboards
- Two-Way Messaging
- Automated Alarms
- Fully Compliant Hardware
Benefits of Using Pedigree Technologies
From on-time deliveries to FMCSA regulations and rising gas prices, fleet operators face different challenges. Luckily, there is an effective way of keeping fleet operations safe and profitable. Pedigree Technologies is here to help.
It can make your fleet competitive by bringing together all the data you’d ever need to supervise, manage, and track your drivers and vehicles. With this management solution, you will reap the benefits from your fleet operations. The key benefits include:
- Decreased fuel costs
- Reduced or eliminated downtime
- Improved performance and location monitoring
- More efficient dispatching
- Lowered operating costs
- better customer service
- Improved Safety Scores: OneView gives quick access to scorecards, driver analytics, as well as customize alarms. They are created based on idle time, high speeds, and other metrics. This way, OneView helps fleet owners improve their safety scores.
- Increased Efficiency: Critical information about vehicles and drivers can be accessed anywhere and anytime. That’s available on OneView 24/7. All you need to have is a device – be it a smartphone or computer – and Internet connection, of course.
- Reduced Costs: OneView will also help you save fuel. With the help of this platform, you will be able to monitor driver speed, reduce idle time, and optimize fleet routing by identifying and eliminating inefficient or unnecessary trips.
Pricing & Plans
Pricing is offered by quote. This means you need to request the pricing in order to get a custom quote on the solution you select. Thereafter, they are going to provide you with custom quotes, giving you accurate information.
Simply fill out the form (on the Pedigree Technologies website), and they will give you a call to confirm your details. Make sure to correctly write the industry type and the number of assets (1-50, 51-100, 101-499, 500+).
Are you looking for Cab-Mate devices? Keep in mind that those devices involve monthly costs besides the upfront cost. The good news is that you will pay nothing with hardware lease no matter which device you choose.
- Cab-Mate OPEN (the most flexible option): $299-$399
- Cab-Mate ONE (the easiest and fastest option): $599-$799
- Cab-Mate CONNECT (as simple as it gets): $599-$799
- Mobile tank monitoring
- Connection is reliable
- Extra features included
- Enhanced visibility
- On-device interactive training
- Automated reporting
- The app is not user-friendly
- More expensive than most of its competitors
Potential Drawbacks & Expected Improvements
There’s still room for improvement, though. While Pedigree Technologies offers a driver training program that’s very interactive, some important functions are still in the works and they aren’t fully operational yet. Here are some complaints and downsides that need improvement:
- Drivers whose driving records are unidentified can’t dismiss the records.
- Edits to drivers’ logs are not displayed visually on the grid, so the managers should make sure every change they make is intentional.
- The interface looks and feels a little bit confusing at first glance. However, you will get used to it with a little practice and find it not difficult to use.
- Fleet managers may have a hard time transferring log activities between drivers.
- Some users may have difficulty assigning unidentified driving records.
- Neither next nor previous driver is shown.
Pedigree Technologies provides fully-functional, versatile services and solutions for businesses across many different industries. Fleet Management is considered to be the most useful and worthy solution that is tailored to suit the needs of vehicle fleets.
This solution is aimed at owner-operators and fleet managers, allowing them to work effortlessly and monitor their assets in real-time. They can take advantage of it to reduce fuel costs, eliminate downtime, improve dispatching, and much more. Compliance with the ELD mandate is also possible by adding ELD Chrome.
As you can see, it works through the OneView platform, which can keep fleets running smoothly for the long haul. It includes a range of features, such as Asset and Fleet Tracking, Dispatching, Work Orders, Tank-Level Monitoring, Maintenance Management, and Equipment Management.
It should be noted that the platform is still under development. Despite a few minor flaws and difficulties, the OneView platform can do a fantastic job of monitoring and managing fleet operations. Once the pending functionalities are released, it will be even more powerful.