Companies utilize fleet management solutions to acquire new vehicles, solve mechanical problems, and track maintenance operations. In addition, they allow them to eliminate costly routes, avoid traffic violations, manage insurance policies and licenses as well.
There are different types of fleet management systems to choose from. Your choice will mostly depend upon the features you’re looking for. Before making a choice, you need to consider the size of your business and your needs.
Here, we are going to scrutinize the MiX Fleet Manager and discover all the important facts about this solution. Are you in a hurry? In brief, the MiX Telematics solution provides easy and fast access to information on vehicles and drivers.
From acquisition to disposal, MiX Telematics gives the ability to manage asset and vehicle information with the goal of improving ROI (return on investment). It helps fleet managers ensure compliance, reduce costs, and increase efficiency across all aspects of their fleet.
We recommend that you take the time to find out everything you’d ever want to know about MiX Fleet Manager. It is worth reading!
Table of Contents
- 1 A Few Words About the Company
- 2 What Is MiX Fleet Manager?
- 3 How Does It Work?
- 4 Who Can Use It?
- 5 Key Features, Functions, and Capabilities
- 6 Benefits of Using MiX Fleet Manager
- 7 Pricing & Plans
- 8 Pros:
- 9 Cons:
- 10 Conclusion
A Few Words About the Company
This is a considerable investment, so you should make sure the company is trustworthy, and its products and services are reliable indeed. Therefore, it is a good idea to get to know MiX Telematics before investing money into its fleet management solution.
Who Is MiX Telematics?
Established in 1996, MiX Telematics is one of the biggest providers of mobile and fleet asset management solutions. Their services and products include solutions for compliance, safety, and efficiency.
This South Africa-based company boasts of a huge global network that comprises over 130 fleet partners from all across the globe. The company has a significant presence in the US market.
With over 550,000 subscribers and customers from over 120 countries, MiX Telematics is one of the global leaders in telematics and tracking. They actively manage more than 700,000 mobile assets through various services, products, and platforms.
Their software and hardware solutions are suited for businesses in government fleets, construction, FMCG, emergency services, public transportation, utilities, security, oil & gas, and mining industries.
While MiX Telematics has numerous products in its arsenal, the most popular ones that have recently launched into the market are MiX Rovi II, My MiX, and MiX Vision. As for the solutions, the company offers:
- MIX FLEET MANAGER
- MIX ASSET MANAGER
- VALUE ADDED SERVICES
- MATRIX INTERNET TRACKING
- MIX NOW
What Is MiX Fleet Manager?
As the name implies, MiX Fleet Manager is a management solution designed specifically for fleets. It allows for effortless fleet management by giving fleet managers unlimited access to vehicle and driver data.
It enables fleet operators to track driver behavior and locations in real-time. They can specify the information they’d like to track, including past trips, driving direction, ignition status, and traffic violations.
How Does It Work?
MiX Fleet Manager is meant to collect driver and vehicle information from an onboard computer so that the data can be accessed via mobile (MiX Fleet Manager Mobile) or desktop devices. Users can download data to iOS and Android devices.
The solution utilizes onboard devices that collect and transmit valuable data about vehicles and drivers. There are a few top-tier data centers where data are hosted so that they are easily accessible to users.
The solution allows for messaging, among other things. Drivers, managers, and dispatchers can send messages via this platform.
- Enhanced safety: The solution employs in-cab video to identify bad driver behavior, thereby reducing the risk of traffic crashes.
- Continuous monitoring: It monitors the assets all the time to increase utilization and reduce theft.
- Better fuel economy: MiX Fleet Manager also involves journey management that can reduce fuel consumption by up to 15% by optimizing routes.
- ELD Mandate Compliance: Additionally, this solution can save fleets a lot of money in safety-related claims.
Who Can Use It?
MiX Fleet Manager provides reports, features, and tools for fleet companies of all sizes. It supports different types of vehicles, including trucks, vans, cars, and motorcycles. Based on the size and needs of their business, users can choose between the Essential and Premium software edition.
This solution can be used by individual consumers (owner-operators and the like), small fleets, and large enterprise fleets. They are all empowered to improve their performance with the use of MiX Fleet Manager and advanced management equipment.
They have different requirements and goals. Whatever the aim – be it improving customer service, cutting fuel consumption, or increasing safety – this fleet management solution can bring about significant, guaranteed, and tangible results.
Key Features, Functions, and Capabilities
The MiX Fleet Manager solution includes a wide range of features, which are intended to improve security and efficiency while ensuring compliance at the same time. Let’s take a closer look at the most useful features.
Vital tracking functionality
The MiX Fleet Manager tracking module provides an insight into the location of vehicles or assets in real-time. It tracks vehicles that are either on the move or stationary. Moreover, this module shows info about ignition status, driving direction, speed, routes, and so on.
It goes beyond just viewing vehicles on a map. MiX Fleet Management combines additional tools with basic telematics to provide actionable intelligence that can address driver- and vehicle-related problems.
The MiX Fleet Manager platform is not only extremely secure, but it is also packed with an array of features that assist fleet managers in making timely and well-informed decisions concerning fleet performance.
Once the collected and processed, the information will be hosted in data centers. As a user, you can gain access to data via a mobile app (available for both Android and iOS devices) or online. The solution does a good job of preventing safety incidents and tracking fuel consumption.
Live streams of information
Live information streams considerably simplify monitoring and make it more proactive. These user-defined streams contain relevant data on events and messages. That improves communication between drivers or connected assets and dispatchers.
It is possible to undock a stream for the priority trips and keep it open for a while. At the same time, you can navigate and manage the rest of the application. Not many fleet management solutions offer this capability.
Powerful reporting capability
The solution features robust reporting that makes it possible to view and analyze data in detail. The reports are available in formats that are dynamic and customizable, too.
MiX Fleet Manager provides a complete set of reports that include things like event violations, location, movement, fuel usage, and driver scoring. In addition, there are cost analysis reports, as well as utilization and trip reports.
A full suite of accessories, services, and add-ons
All of these things make MiX Fleet Manager a flexible solution. This fleet management solution can be tailored to suit different needs by adding a variety of accessories, services, add-ons, and other things.
Depending on regional requirements or specific business goals, clients can pick from driver engagement tools, messaging devices, in-cab navigation hardware, video recording systems, satellite communication devices, journey management tools, etc.
Benefits of Using MiX Fleet Manager
- Lowered risk and liability: It is estimated that human error is the cause of about 75% of traffic accidents. With the in-cab video, MiX Fleet Manager helps solve this problem. It allows fleet owners to identify unsafe driving behaviors, observe driver performance, and deliver timely alerts. Ultimately, this can reduce risk and increase safety on the road.
- Increased visibility: By providing enhanced visibility across a fleet, MiX Fleet Manager allows managers to have full control over their drivers. They can use it to quickly identify the nearest vehicle and route it directly towards a customer site.
- Maximized efficiency: Activity timelines aid in illustrating utilization patterns and increasing fleet efficiency. MiX Fleet Manager also uses automated reminders to help fleets license schedules and manage their services. This results in maximum efficiency in the end.
- Improved driver safety and behavior: Vehicles that are driven in a proper manner are proven to perform better. What’s more, they need less maintenance. MiX Fleet Manager offers tools that make it easy to manage and monitor driver behavior. Aside from enhancing efficiency purposes, this can increase overall safety.
- Reduced fuel usage: The fuel cost is one of the biggest concerns of all fleet businesses. This is where MiX Fleet Manager comes in. It lets fleet owners monitor and cut fuel consumption (by up to 15 percent). Moreover, it enables them to detect any behavior associated with inefficient driving.
How MiX Fleet Manager Improves Fleet Safety
MiX Fleet Manager generates a variety of customizable reports that allows fleet operators to see when and where a driver engages in risky driving behavior. They can monitor driving behaviors like idling, speeding, acceleration, and hard braking using the tracking portal and onboard computing.
Furthermore, this solution provides drivers with notifications and sound alerts whenever a predefined parameter is exceeded. It makes use of in-cab video to record footage, so the users can see what happened during, after, and before an incident.
MiX Fleet Manager also comes with driver performance apps that heighten personal responsibility and safety awareness among drivers. On top of that, there are training as well as incentive and reward programs that help in creating accurate scoring.
How MiX Fleet Manager Improves Fleet Efficiency
MiX Fleet Manager can boost fleet efficiency in many different ways. For instance, it tracks vehicles in nearly real-time and thus helps users optimize routes. It also reduces vehicle downtime by delivering licensing and scheduling reminders.
Fuel-wasting behaviors are monitored and reported timely. Accurate activity timeline is relayed timeously so that fleet owners can have a better idea of whether their vehicles are being used appropriately. All of this can do a great job of improving fleet efficiency.
Pricing & Plans
Just like with most fleet management solutions out there, pricing is per month per vehicle. Pricing is offered by quote. So, if you want to get detailed pricing information, you need to contact the company. The customer support is available via email and online on the MiX Telematics website.
There are two module options to choose from: MiX Fleet Manager Essential (more affordable option) and MiX Fleet Manager Premium (more expensive option). Let’s see what each of these modules includes:
- MiX Fleet Manager Essential – It is aimed at those who do not look for full-fledged management solutions. MiX Locate, one of the modules, delivers real-time arrival or departure alerts. Google Maps integration for navigation and trip replay is also included.
- MiX Fleet Manager Premium – This management package includes sophisticated software that provides deep insight into driver/vehicle performance. It also comes with an advanced in-vehicle device that collects and sends valuable data.
- Flexible hardware options, services, and add-ons
- Live information streams
- Event notification functionality
- Comprehensive historical tracking
- Powerful reporting
- Real-time tracking
- No advanced features
- Not transparent about pricing
MiX Fleet Management comes down to four things: efficiency, safety, compliance, and security. It comes with a wide variety of features and reporting tools that let users view information on driver scoring, past trips, locations, fuel utilization, cost analysis, and more.
The most important features include vehicle tracking (live and historical), event notification, fuel management, reporting suite, and live information streams. Remember that you will have to set aside more funds for extra features. You get what you pay for.
If you opt for MiX Fleet Manager Premium, you will get unlimited access to info on your drivers and vehicles along with a complete suite of tools and features, including the advanced ones. On the other hand, the Essential variant comes with the basic features, and it is aimed at budget-conscious customers.
No matter which module you choose, you can rest assured that it will boost the efficiency of your fleet over time. MiX Fleet Management will help you improve fuel consumption, driver behavior, utilization, efficiency, and much more. Take advantage of it to increase profitability and return on investment.