Last updated on July 6th, 2020 at 12:33 pm
When searching for fleet management software, you want to find an all-inclusive system consisting of diverse applications and tools. You need a solution that will assist you with route optimization and planning. It should also help you track fuel costs and overall fleet efficiency, allowing you to keep the entire fleet running smoothly.
The best fleet management solution is supposed to facilitate dispatching schedule trips and drivers. Besides, it should keep track of vehicle health, assets, and fleet maintenance while monitoring driver behavior at the same time.
Yes, there are a lot of expectations and requirements a fleet management software needs to meet these days. The requirements go beyond just tracking the equipment, materials, and loads. Not many solutions live up to all customers’ expectations.
There are a lot of different types of customers seeking different fleet management systems, including public services fleets, healthcare transportation agencies, private shipping fleets, long haul shippers, for-hire carriers, and local delivery companies.
No matter what kind of buyer you are, EROAD will certainly have the right solution for you and your fleet. Keep reading to find out what fleet management features and solutions are available.
Table of Contents
- A Few Words About the Company: Who Is EROAD?
- EROAD Fleet Management
- How Does It Work?
- Benefits of Using EROAD Fleet Management
- Key Features
- Why Choose EROAD?
- Pricing & Plans
- Final Words
A Few Words About the Company: Who Is EROAD?
When looking for fleet management solutions, it is important to purchase products from a leading manufacturer. EROAD is one of the telematics leaders in the heavy vehicle sector. The company has been around since 2000, offering different technology solutions that change old paper-based traffic systems.
EROAD implemented the cellular-based road charging system (the first of this kind in the world) in 2009. This New Zeland-based company has expanded into Australia and North America. It launched an electronic IFTA service in 2015. Two years later, the company launched a DVIR and ELD solution, too.
As their customer demands have arisen, they have implemented new solutions and services that meet different needs. Today, Eroad offers a full suite of solutions such as:
- Fleet Management (we will focus on this solution in our review)
- Safety & Compliance
- Driver Management
- Tax Reporting & IRP
- Fleet Health & Maintenance
- Asset Tracker
- ELD Compliance
EROAD Fleet Management
By providing accurate activity and location data, EROAD fleet management solution helps enterprises monitor their operations, increase productivity across their businesses, and meet all the service level agreements.
Most important of all, this system helps save money by cutting down on downtime and operating costs. EROAD Fleet Management can improve performance in many different ways.
- It improves dispatch and verifies stops while providing accurate information on arrival times.
- The users get enhanced visibility as well as better control over activities, routes, and vehicles both in the field and on the road.
- It allows users to verify time cards and fuel events, thereby decreasing miles driven.
How Does It Work?
The EROAD platform is designed with security, reliability, and accuracy in mind. Every component of this comprehensive platform interacts with other parts so that users get reliable and consistent service. System redundancy and performance is a key focus.
EROAD Ehubo is one of the vital parts of this system that employs in-cab technology. This in-vehicle hardware is intended to record, store, and transmit encrypted data continuously through the cellular network. It is aimed at solving the demanding requirements of the transportation industry.
The data are processed by the EROAD server in such a way that they are easily available to users. They can access data via the Depot – a secure web-based portal.
Deport: Fleet management portal
Deport makes it more convenient for fleet managers to manage their fleet. Every vehicle information obtained by Ehubo or other in-cab devices is processed and stored on this online portal. It allows for immediate access to information and data insights to prevent downtime and increase productivity.
The data can be easily accessed and surveyed from any mobile device or browser. Additionally, they can be analyzed, downloaded, and exported as needed.
- Pre-configured data insight: There are 25 pre-configured reports that provide deep insights into the fleet’s safety, activity, fuel economy, maintenance status, etc.
- Tax obligations: After capturing mileage info automatically, fuel data are supplied immediately so that IFTA, IRP, and WMT reports can be created with ease. With this fleet management portal, you will no longer sift through paper and reconcile your reports.
- EROAD Inspect: This part of the platform is responsible for keeping your fleet in good working condition. It will enable you to keep track of repairs and routine maintenance. Furthermore, it will help you identify vehicle problems in a timely manner and improve your turnaround time.
Ehubo: In-cab technology
Designed as an in-vehicle, user-friendly electronic logging device, EROAD Ehubo syncs with the vehicle’s engine to log hours of service (HoS) automatically. In fact, this ELD device serves as an interface for HoS tracking, maintenance requests, and driver communication.
The device comes with an intuitive touchscreen. Through the cellular network, it continuously records, sends, and stores encrypted data — like route, location, distance, and so on — using several providers to ensure the best connectivity possible.
This independently verified device is FMCSA approved and it meets all the compliance requirements. Here are the most considerable features of this device:
- Automatic recordkeeping
- Rugged reliability
- Easy roadside inspections
- Exemption management
- Secure logbook
Benefits of Using EROAD Fleet Management
- Reduced fuel costs – The EDOAD’s users can pull their fuel costs down by identifying wasted miles, controlling speeds, and planning routes more efficiently with this fleet management solution.
- Team activities monitoring – The software delivers real-time details needed to handle disputes, report Estimated Times of Arrival (ETAs), and ensure fleet productivity.
- Improved operation control – EROAD makes it easy to locate loads, equipment, trucks, drivers, and assets at any given point of time.
- Simplified PTO usage – Keep tabs on how accessory equipment is being used to get a clear idea of how it affects fuel tax credits and customer billing.
Now that you know more about EROAD and how it works, it’s time to check the key fleet management features.
Daily Fleet Activity
The complete recording of all the daily activities of your vehicles will help you stay on top of your fleet and improve customer confidence. EROAD provides detailed Historical Daily Fleet Activity reports of vehicle events that can help you optimize and monitor work completed.
These records can be utilized to give consumers proof that certain jobs have been completed successfully. Aside from meeting customer service levels, this can also minimize the risk of dispute.
With EROAD management software, you will be able to monitor how fuel is consumed within your fleet and lower fuel costs over time. Improved fuel efficiency time will eventually generate more savings.
Take advantage of EROAD Fuel Management to compare the performance of your vehicles based on distance traveled, fuel consumption, and speeding events. The software supports IFTA reporting, among other things.
Geofence Site Activity
Once you have created geofenced areas relevant to your business, you will get all the important details about arrival times, PTO usage, stop duration, and much more. EROAD Geofence reports will let you know when your vehicles and drivers left or arrived at a destination.
Moreover, you will know when any particular piece of equipment has been used, as well as how long your drivers have spent on a site and how far they’ve driven. You will also know which jobs have been dropped or loaded at any point. This leads to improved productivity and enhanced safety.
EROAD Idle Reporting system displays total and average idle time for every single vehicle. The goal of this feature is to minimize engine wear and tear while improving fuel economy, on the other hand.
It helps fleet owners monitor and reduce idle time. Apart from reducing fuel and maintenance expenses, they can lower emissions with the use of idle reports. This is an effective way to improve driving and boost productivity.
When working with businesses or contractors in a specific supply chain, it is challenging to monitor all the assets at a time. This not only affects productivity but also makes it more difficult for fleet owners to ensure drivers’ safety.
Work smarter together! EROAD enables users to securely share fleet info with companies and customers in their supply chain. The benefits are numerous. EROAD Share can help them:
- Minimize risk
- Improve safety
- Coordinate resources
- Simplify job management
- Ensure safety
Ideally, all the trips taken by your trucks should be productive. Unnecessary fuel usage and wasted wages can negatively affect customer satisfaction and your bottom line likewise.
Use EROAD’s Trip Investigator to improve vehicle trip productivity. It will show you precisely where your trucks have traveled, and thus help you meet customer service levels. This will provide your customers with evidence that you’ve meet SLAs. Key benefits include:
- Enhanced customer service
- Improved job management
- Optimized routes
- Minimized risk
Why Choose EROAD?
Making quick decisions is of crucial importance for those working in fast-paced environments. This is where EROAD comes in. By leveraging reliable, stable, and specialized technologies, EROAD supports strategic operations while meeting compliance needs.
Not only does EROAD deliver the confidence required to ensure regulatory compliance, but it also allows businesses to run a fleet more efficiently and safely alike. If you choose EROAD, you will be able to file your taxes easily, receive reports in real-time, and capture accurate data automatically.
Here are the most significant benefits of using EROAD:
- Accurate – The location of each vehicle is recorded accurately every second by EROAD hardware along with speed and other relevant data.
- Reliable – The service up-time is highly reliable to minimize expensive interruptions to businesses.
- Secure – All data are confidentially stored and securely recorded so that they always remain your property.
- Service – By providing high-quality customer service, EROAD ensures the success of its users.
Pricing & Plans
EROAD offers different plans that match different types of fleets. So you need to find a pricing plan that suits the management needs of your fleet.
All of their plans include:
- Unlimited users for their web app
- Standard hardware that installs into almost any vehicle no matter the model and make
- Customer support and service
Plans with upfront hardware purchase start at $25/vehicle/month. If you opt for plans that don’t include hardware purchase, you will have to pay at least $35 every month (per vehicle).
In addition to the size of your fleet, you also need to consider your interests. That will help you get a better understanding of EROAD pricing and choose the right plan. You will be required to fill in the form to get pricing.
The price will depend on the things you add to the list. These things include HOS, DVIRD, Driver Behavior, IFTA and IRP Reporting, Maintenance Scheduling, Off-Highway Tax Reporting, Fleet Optimization, Geofencing, and Asset Tracking. The more things you add, the higher the price.
- Real-time monitoring
- Good fuel tracking ability
- Certified accuracy
- Tamper-evident design
- PIT Group verified
- Accessible use
- While engine diagnostics and GPS navigation are fairly good, there is still room for improvement
- Only business hours support is available right now
All the fleet companies striving to cut costs, improve customer service, and boost productivity should consider EROAD Fleet Management. It can help them monitor fleet activities, control operations, and lower fuel costs. This way, they can improve performance over time.
There are a lot of features that can make it possible, including Daily Fleet Activity, Geofence Site Activity, Fuel Management, EROAD Share, Idle Report, and Trip Investigator. When combined together and used properly, these features can do wonders for you.
As we have already said above, EROAD offers a variety of plans tailored to the needs of different businesses. If you want to give a try to this solution, be sure to select a plan that suits your needs and your budget. Go check it out!