Last updated on January 14th, 2022 at 08:37 am
It’s crucial for any organization that operates commercial vehicles to capture and analyze data about their fleet and drivers’ behavior on a day to day operation. The data has many uses in the management department and is also a legal requirement. Owners and fleet managers require this data for purposes like financial reporting, costing, and analyzing occurrences when compensating workers, among others.
The data is also a part of the FMSCA regulation requirement, which the DOT checks during roadside inspections. Any driver or vehicle found non-compliant is forced out of the road and fined, depending on the state.
Coretex ELD offers a technological solution for data capturing in vehicles such as GPS location, Hours of service, and daily maintenance records. Coretex ELD solution simplifies the process of collecting vehicle operation data. The older manual logs have a limitation, such as drivers ignoring some data or inaccuracy.
Many commercial carriers have already adopted the use of electronic logging. The new ELD regulation by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires all commercial vehicles to be ELD compliant.
In this ELD review, we have compiled for you the information about the Coretex ELD, such as features, benefits, and cons. The article will help you to make an informed decision when buying the Coretex ELD
Coretex Company Overview
Coretex offers cloud-based visualization software and in-vehicle sensor technology. For the last 16 years, the company has provided fleet management and ELD compliance solutions to over 60,000 connected vehicles.
Their solution has helped businesses in different industries, such as construction, waste management, and reefer. Coretex’s solutions turn the data you collect into automated business intelligence, enabling you to improve safety, minimize wastage, and increase production rates.
Coretex business has offices and agencies around the globe in New Zealand, Australia, and the United States.
They categorize their business services in 4 ways.
Compliance Solutions– Help in ensuring the safety and compliance of drivers.
Constructions Solutions– Provide real-time location, status, and behavior of ready-mix and aggregate trucks.
Truck & Trailer Solutions– Improve safety, driver experience, and monitor fuel usage.
Refrigerated Transport Solutions– It ensures safe and secure food transport through the cold chain.
Review of the Coretex ELD
The Coretex ELD is a device that connects to the vehicle engine to record movement hours and other vehicle data. The tool helps in complying with regulations governing the conduct of commercial vehicles and drivers’ Hours of Service at affordable pricing.
The Coretex ELD helps in capturing data relating to:
- Engine running time and behavior
- Fuel usage
- When the vehicle is moving or stationary
- Drivers miles coverage when operating
- Engine operation time
Any ELD device should record the following data regarding a vehicle trip:
- Location coordinates
- Engine hours
- Identity of the driver handling the vehicle
- Other authorized users and passengers
- Vehicle details
- Motor carrier
Features of Coretex ELD
The Coretex ELD offers various features that will enable your fleet to achieve the FMSCA ELD compliance.
Coretex ELD solutions have a fully integrated solution that has been certified by the FMSCA and listed on their website. The Coretex ELD is listed as the Coretex Drive ELD on the FMSCA website after passing vigorous testing and retesting. The Coretex ELD solution has the following features as recommended by the FMSCA and additional features to make compliance simpler.
1. Coretex ELD comes with an App
This application allows the driver of a vehicle to log in using their preferred mobile device or through the provided Coretex Android Tablet. The App enables the drivers to log when outside the cellular coverage or when they start their day.
It also though this App where drivers get to record the hours of service, daily vehicle maintenance report, and change their status at will.
2. Logging of engine hours and the distance covered by drivers
Connecting your vehicle with Coretex ELD enables an automatic gathering and logging off of engine data and the distance your driver is covering per each trip. The data helps you when analyzing the costing for a particular trip.
The engine motion hours also help to verify the driver’s HOS logs and prevent drivers from reporting wrong HOS values. It also allows fleets to become FMSCA ELD mandate complaint.
3. Coretex ELD provides real-time alerts in case of driver violations
The Coretex ELD sends alerts to the fleet manager about violations committed by your drivers, such as unauthorized routes or any stoppages that you may consider unnecessary or HOS violation.
Some drivers may have bad habits of working past the required time. However, with the Coretex ELD, fleet managers will be alerted whenever a driver exceeds their Hours of Service.
4. This ELD allows fleet managers to log in even when not going for any trips.
The Coretex ELD allows fleet managers to monitor the ELD even when drivers are no working. The function goes a long way in ensuring that you can track vehicles that aren’t scheduled for any work.
When drivers are off duty, the fleet manager can access the driver’s log, to check driving data, and download HOS logs.
5. Compatibility and Compliance with various interstate and country rules
The Coretex ELD allows multiple users and can be used across borders as it meets different country regulations such as Canada and Mexico. Coretex ELD will record the drivers’ status and the hours of services.
This feature will go a long way in helping you calculate the driver’s hours of service, usage criteria like the required vehicle, number of drivers, among others. The feature also incorporates the use of graphs and logs on display.
The Coretex ELD can also enforce custom limitations based on the regulations of the current location. Some of the parameters that you can implement with the Coretex ELD include:-
- Distance traveled in driver status
- The time taken to finish a shift
- Vehicle triggers such as engine power and motion
- Drive App actions such as sign-in out for users, Add/drop of the vehicle
6. Using the above features, Coretex enforces compliance and the driver’s behaviour according to the statutes instituted. This may vary according to
- Coverage of distance in status provided
- Time used
- Causes of change of status
- Contributions as a result of the vehicle
- Boundaries restrictions
7. Real-Time Monitoring by the dispatch
People involved in the dispatch can track and manage compliance. They use the Coretex ELD dashboard that offers access to drivers’ data and interactive edit features with graphs.
8. Supports various vehicle categories
Coretex ELD provides support for the following classes of vehicles.
- Permanent or temporary service vehicles
- Rental or fully-owned vehicles
It does not matter whether you have a personal vehicle or a rented one. You can install the Coretex ELD on the vehicle and use it at your convenience.
9. Logging of engine hours and distance coverage
Coretex ELD provides a connection to the vehicle sensors that enables you to monitor and gather useful data concerning the vehicle engine and the distance that is traveled per each driver.
10. Coretex ELD allows the transfer of data using different means like USB, Bluetooth, email and also other wireless media
11. Other features that are incorporated in a Coretex ELD include
- Tamper proof
- User manuals
- Report display on demand for safety officials and the management
- Certifying driver records
The Coretex ELD takes you the extra mile by ensuring that their solution not only meets the standard requirements but also provides extras features to help your business and improve driver’s experiences.
Why should you choose this ELD?
The Coretex ELD offers many features that ensure you become ELD, DVIR, and FTRA compliant. Furthermore, there are many benefits associated with using the Coretex ELD on your fleet.
Coretex ELD has the following benefits for your business:
1. The fully compliant device meets all the FMSCA requirements, thus preventing your fleet from being grounded due to non-compliances. The device is FMSCA certified, meaning that it has undergone testing and shown that it contains the minimum requirements of a functioning ELD.
2. Cortex ELD helps in monitoring drivers’ behavior through a wide range of features such as in-cab feedback and the driver scorecard that is used for reporting. These features allow you to measure tire wear, fuel consumption, and safety of the driver, among other things concerning the driver’s habits.
3. Coretex real-time alerts about the driver’s action and behavior while driving the vehicle help in reducing insurance costs, resolving accidents & reducing fee rates, and also upholding your company reputation. Coretex ELD uses HD driver cameras that provide you with live coverage and records of the trip events. The Coretex ELD tool will help you to solve incidents as they happen and to reduce the occurrences rates.
4. Coretex ELD enables replay of events and incidents: The feature will help you to monitor and review the details of the event the vehicle was involved in through the recorded dashboard footage. The features help in improving risk management in your organization. The Coretex ELD can also be configured to send automated alerts to mobile devices and also via emails for specified incidents.
5. Improve efficiency in fleet operation. The Coretex ELD offers a business automation process that has advanced geofencing features that you can configure as per the workflow schedules. The Coretex ELD can run on different operating platforms in the market, such as IoS, Windows, Android, and Macbook. This enables you to have an all-round tool that helps in fleet management as well as driver monitoring.
6. It helps in ensuring that deliveries are on time. Coretex ELD fleet management tools provide optimization in routing, monitoring, and tracking of your fleet to ensure timely delivery. It helps fleet managers to monitor and track fleet vehicles from the warehouse to the delivery point easily. They’re able to spot situations that may lead to downtimes causing delayed deliveries.
7. It offers efficient fleet maintenance solutions. The customized service managers integrated into the Coretex ELD contain reporting plans, alerting sequences, and DVIR integration that ensures your fleet is running smoothly. The Coretex ELD will help to save you money associated with prolonged downtimes, which are caused by delayed vehicle repairs. The driver records the conditions of the vehicle every morning and evening. This report is transmitted to the fleet manager, who takes immediate and appropriate action.
A while ago, the Coretex Company was a reliable company that lived up to customers’ expectations. However, with time they have become more reluctant in their service delivery.
We searched for customer reviews of people who have used the Coretex ELD to try and find out what were some of the bad experiences they had with the ELD. There weren’t many negative reviews online, but we managed to spot a few.
Customer’s complained that the company’s customer service was poot and that the process of ordering the Coretex ELD was complicated. The company is slow in responding to customer complaints. Coretex ELD also has poor after-sale service.
Others noted that the Coretex ELD’s initial cost was high despite that the fee was for the app only. One was required to pay more to get the hardware.
The Coretex platform works well with small fleets but not for a large number of vehicles.
Other customers complain of Coretex ELD power and equipment failures. Some reviews claim Coretex ELD is slow to respond to issues and have a slow turnaround time on equipment replacement.
Coretex ELD Integrated Fleet Management and Tracking Solution
Coretex ELD provides a fleet management solution that integrates with the ELD. The Coretex ELD has a complete fleet management solution, which also offers compliance with U.S., Europe, Canada ELD regulations regarding.
The Coretex ELD provides a holistic solution to the customers. Coretex considers that the ELD is part of fleet management they have been providing for the past 16 years.
The Coretex fleet management solution provides a solution for :
- Accident management
- Vehicle tracking
- Vehicle diagnosis
- Driver management
- Speed monitoring and management
- Fuel management, among others, as previously discussed.
Coretex ELD provides both an in house and a cloud-based solution for your company. The integration of fleet management on ELD is not an option. ELD compliance is part of the fleet management solution, which means that when you buy their ELD, you also have the Fleet management functions at no extra costs.
Benefits of the Coretex Fleet Management Tool
The tool allows high-definition vehicle tracking, which ensures that fleet managers are aware of the exact location of the vehicles. The tracking data is sent in real-time, and fleet managers don’t have to keep calling drivers to plan about the expected delivery times, and it helps to monitor the driver’s movement.
The fleet management features allow fleet managers to create virtual Geofences for drivers. The feature helps in improving service delivery. With the accident management tool, drivers can record incidents and information concerning the occurrence of the incident. The data works a lot in helping drivers to explain accidents or incidents.
Become ELD Compliant with Coretex ELD
Becoming ELD compliant is mandatory. The only question is — which is the best device to choose out of the thousands available in the market?
The benefits, features, and additional functions of the Coretex ELD are a clear indication that the device delivers on the company’s claims. It’s a tool that drivers can operate with ease. It records numerous parameters that help to improve fleet management. The extra features ensure your drivers also become DVIR compliant by allowing them to correct maintenance data that can be easily shared with the fleet managers.
Overall the Coretex ELD will help you to become FMSCA compliant while at the same time offer you other functions. The additional features will help you to save resources, improve fleet management, monitor driver behaviors, track vehicle movement, and track fuel usage.
However, we hope the Coretex Company will improve their customer service so that customers can have a good experience when using the Coretex ELD. They also need to simplify their ordering process to facilitate a smooth and easy ELD compliance process for customers. We hope this ELD review was helpful for you in making an informed choice.