The global trade volume increases rapidly in size today. Consequently, the transportation industry forms a substantial part of the revenue in almost every country. So it is little wonder the logistic networking gets more and more complicated these days. This makes it more difficult for fleet owners to manage their transportation processes. That’s where CarrierMate comes in.
Whether you already operate a business that depends on transportation or intend to run a vehicle rental business, it is important to keep tabs on resources and workforce all the time. You should know if your drivers take the right routes, whether the products are being delivered on time, and much more.
It is virtually impossible to manage all of this simultaneously without external assistance. CarrieWeb helps enterprises manage these tasks by providing them with driver-preferred, compliant e-log solutions that enable automated engine monitoring and driver interaction in real-time.
In this review, we will talk about CarrierMate – one of the most popular and best-selling CarrieWeb’s products. This trucking product is designed specifically for fleet owners looking to streamline their processes and operate their businesses more effectively and fleets with old trucks.
Read on to find out how CarrierMate can streamline work processes, reduce maintenance costs, improve the driving habits of your drivers, and boost your business.
Table of Contents
- 1 CarrierMate Specifications
- 2 A Few Words About CarrierWeb – What Should You Know About This Vendor?
- 3 Key Features of CarrierMate
- 4 How Does It Work?
- 5 Installation
- 6 Benefits of Using CarrierMate
- 7 Best Suited For – Who Should Use CarrierMate?
- 8 ELD Mandate Compliance: Is the CarrierMate an FMCSA-Compliant Device?
- 9 Pricing & Costs
- 10 Pros
- 11 Cons
- 12 Conclusion
|Interface Ports||Memory||Display||Input Voltage||Dimensions||Weight|
|USB; Internal SIM card socket; SD Card Memory slot||DDR SDRAM (RAM Memory); Samsung NAND (Flash Memory)||VGA LCD integrated 7-inch touch panel with LED backlight; Resolution: 800x480p||12-24V (Max 28V)||187 x 155 x 44 mm||2.86 lb|
Before delving into the CarrierMate review, let’s meet the company briefly and see what they are dealing with.
A Few Words About CarrierWeb – What Should You Know About This Vendor?
CarrierWeb is not a new player on the market. This multinational company was founded in 2003, and its headquarter is located in Atlanta. So, what do they work?
Basically, CarrierWeb leverages in-cab real-time technology used for cellular communication to give fleet owners the best monitoring and tracking services along with ELD devices. These patented highly customizable technologies allow businesses to grow by shifting into a higher gear regardless of their size.
CarrierWeb also offers a number of patented gadgets that make it easier for users to monitor and track vehicles. Through the CarrierWeb Web Portal, they can communicate with each other and send or receive data.
CarrierWeb Solutions & Products
CarrierWeb offers a wide range of solutions and products to owner-operators and carriers. They come with a lot of applications, including Electronic Logging, In-Cab Scanning, Maintenance, DVIR, CPS Positioning, Data Messaging, Navigation, IFTA mileage reporting, GPS tracking, and much more.
Listed below are the CarrierWeb solutions available:
- Fleet Management
- Reefer Management
- Trailer Management
- Fuel Management
Fleet Management Solution
CarrierWeb offers a solution for the management of vehicle fleets within its extensive system. With this fleet management solution, you will pay less and get more at the same time. It can improve fleet management of not only trucks but also trailers, loads, and other assets with the easy-to-configure interface and comprehensive reports.
Just like other solutions by this company, Fleet Management allows for connectivity with the CarrierWeb web-based system. That makes it easy to receive and send text messages, job orders, fuel consumption analysis, trip data, etc.
The fleet owners can take advantage of this solution to improve customer service, save fuel, and meet Hours of Service (HOS) requirements. In addition, it can let you know where your vehicles are at any given moment, and thus, increase the productivity of your fleet. It will also help you manage, and lower fleet maintenance costs by getting your drivers to operate more safely and efficiently.
Key Features of CarrierMate
Okay, now that you know more about CarrierWeb, let’s get back to CarrierMate and take the plunge into its features. It offers plenty of useful features, most of which are suited for managing vehicle fleets. We are going to examine the key features of CarrierMate.
- Electronic logs – The CarrierMate’s electronic logs help in keeping track of all the drivers within a fleet, especially those who drive on a regular basis during working hours. Feet owners can pinpoint the location of each driver and meet ELD regulations, too.
- Unrestricted data communication – Data transfer and communication between drivers and fleet managers is much easier with CarrierMate. It provides seamless connectivity. No limits. This device enables fleet owners and managers to establish a line with drivers whenever they want.
- Driver-friendly workflow – The user-friendly workflow system of this gadget will allow you to monitor your drivers and vehicles regularly. Once the data have been stored in this system, you’ll get access to them almost instantly.
- Truck attribute navigation – This optional feature is intended to detect the attributes and performances of trucks or other fleet vehicles. It also helps drivers choose the shortest routes and save money on fuel.
- Simple installation – CarrierMate is easy to install and use. It’s not necessary to undergo a training course in order to learn about installation modes. The device comes with an installation guide that explains in detail how to set it up.
- Driver performance and behavior monitoring – CarrierMate tracks and monitors how well the drivers are driving at all times. It can give you a clear idea of driver performance and behavior, so you can easily identify the reckless and negligent drivers in your team.
- Fuel consumption monitoring – This feature is aimed at preventing fuel laundering. CarrierMate provides a chart that accurately shows how the fuel was consumed during a certain period.
- SpeedGauge integration – As a fleet manager, you can integrate the CarrierMate system with the SpeedGauge to determine speed limits on the roads. Notify your drivers about actual limits and avoid penalties for speeding violations.
- Two-way messaging – The device also includes text messaging. Drivers can receive and send messages on their phones. They should install a compatible application to use two-way messaging.
- Basic maintenance package – Please note that this is an optional feature. It includes a lot of personalized tips on how to monitor and maintain the trucks to improve efficiency.
These are just some of the features of the CarrierMate that can be used to monitor and track trucks. Other features worth mentioning include document sharing, in-cab scanning, alert notifications, auto dispatch, and hard braking monitoring.
How Does It Work?
CarrierMate continuously monitors the engine and driver working hours to improve fuel efficiency. It can also calculate journeys, locate vehicles in real-time, create HoS reports, and much more.
While it is designed to work as a standalone device, you will have the ability to link it with the Speed Gauge and receive warnings for speeding offenses. Additionally, you will also be able to integrate it with different TMS solutions.
The device works in sync with the CarrierWeb platform, where all the data are stored securely. As a user, you can gain access to them whenever you want. All you need to do to allow this electronic logging device to run is to attach it to the diagnostic port of your truck.
So, how to install CarrierMate?
Connecting the CarrierMate to a vehicle is a pretty easy task. Even so, keep in mind that every vehicle has a specific diagnostic port. The good news is that the device can be installed on most models of trucks.
Find the location of the diagnostic port in your truck and attach this device. You can also make the connection via a 6-pin or 9-pin connector. Rotate it slowly until you hear a click sound to make sure the device is correctly fitted.
Once every single connection is made, you will be able to put your port back safely. Now you can start using your device and create logs.
Benefits of Using CarrierMate
As you can see, CarrierMate can help you monitor and track your trucks more effectively. But this is not the only reason to choose this device. Read on to find out how you can reap the benefits of using CarrierMate to the fullest.
- Keep the drivers aware and safe: Every country and region has its local laws and speed limits. It could be a costly affair to violate these regulations. CarrierMate will inform your drivers about violations by keeping them aware of speed limits. This will minimize their chances of getting speeding tickets.
- Manage your vehicles more efficiently: Get a complete picture of the entire fleet and stay on top of things. CarrierMate will help you manage your vehicles in a more efficient way. Besides, your drivers will no longer make routes that are not necessary.
- Save fuel: By tracking idling and working hours, the device causes drivers to improve driving habits. This way, it can help you reduce fuel loss on a daily basis and maximize the profit of your company.
- Decrease maintenance costs: The device lets fleet owners track all the operations of the entire fleet and lower maintenance costs. At the same time, it helps drivers avoid failures when going on long journeys. This makes CarrierMate a straightforward yet cost-effective module.
- Reduce Hours of Service (HOS): CarrierMate comes with integrated ELD and EOBR solutions that allow drivers to increase available drive time and minimize errors. Aside from complying with HoS requirements, they will get a better idea of how long it takes to complete any particular journey.
Best Suited For – Who Should Use CarrierMate?
This device is suited for people running transportation or truck businesses either within the state or around the country. It makes it easier for them to track the locations and status of their vehicles. It is created for drivers and fleet owners as well.
ELD Mandate Compliance: Is the CarrierMate an FMCSA-Compliant Device?
CarrierMate uses an electronic logging system that is designed with the ELD mandate in mind. Don’t worry, the device is FMCSA registered. You will meet all the compliance requirements and not encounter problems with the law.
Pricing & Costs
What’s the Price?
The upfront cost of the device may vary from vendor to vendor. Nevertheless, you can expect to pay around $700 for the device itself.
While CarrierMate is not the cheapest option on the market, it is still fairly affordable. It’s considered a good deal, given the benefits and features included. What’s more, it will ultimately pay for itself by saving fuel, improving efficiency, and reducing maintenance costs.
What’s the Cost of The Product?
Don’t forget that the CarrierMate also involves a monthly charge of $30. The total three-year cost is about $1780.
- Many useful features like fuel consumption analysis, GPS tracking, two-way messaging, and so on
- Cost-effective management solution for fleets
- Seamless connectivity
- Unlimited data communication
- SpeedGauge integration
- FMCSA registered
- Easy to install and use
- It’s a bit difficult to access log edits
- The device feels and looks a little dated
If you are looking to ensure a successful, smooth transport and run a truck business effectively, be sure to monitor your loads and workforce continuously. This will not only increase the safety of your assets and drivers, but it will also enhance work productivity and boost business profit in the long run.
CarrierWeb is known for its high-quality information optimization and fleet management services. This reputable company has launched a reliable management product a few years ago called CarrierMate.
This electronic logging device can save you time and money by streamlining your work processes. In addition to complying with ELD rules, CarrierMate will help you manage your fleet and keep track of your vehicles. It comes with a varied spectrum of updated, enhanced, and optional features that allow you to improve your transport and shipping business.
So, if you’re looking to increase productivity and profit, CarrierMate can be a good solution for you. Both small and large fleets can benefit from this solution to improve their business efficiency and productivity. With CarrierMate, productivity, safety, and efficiency come easy.